My Family

I encountered abuse within my family and found myself too controlling and abusive as well. I was manipulated, put down, and controlled to the point where I felt emotionally paralyzed by certain family. These control issues included financial abuse where I was put in debt, shamed for spending money, and belittled for needing basic necessities.

My social life was also controlled and monitored. I was told who I could hang out with and who I could not hang out with. I was told what I could and could not say to friends. I was also shamed by certain family for being ill, for not being a doctor, and for being unsuccessful. I was directly put down through comparisons of others and false accusations against my character.

I was mislabeled, emotionally attacked, and  ridiculed.  Certain members of the family also trivialized the abuse I went through and exhibited gross insensitivity. The toxic environment I lived in was contagious to my spirit, and I found myself negative in attitude. The effects of my being abused affected me to the point where I felt paralyzed in decision-making. I questioned myself and blamed myself for other's actions, and I was susceptible to more abuse outside my family. I was disabled, mentally ill, and poverty-stricken due to chronic, consistent, intense abuse for over 25 years of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Policy Recommendations in Developing Emotional Intelligence Via the Educational System

Continued Trauma

Conflict Management